Michele Goad – RYLA
Our Club 11 member, Michele Goad, serves on the Missouri RYLA Board. This state-wide board is made up of District Leaders from our three Missouri Rotary Districts: 6040, 6060, and 6080. Our club is in District 6060. www.missouriryla.com
Michele just returned from Missouri RYLA Camp Session 2. She served as a counselor. You make us proud Michele! Thanks for representing our club on this state-wide Rotary board.
The Missouri RYLA Academy is a 4-day, 3-night training program for high school sophomores and juniors who exhibit a desire for community service. Developed by some of Missouri’s top professional educators, the curriculum is designed to identify and enhance the qualities of Servant Leadership for each participant, train them on how to successfully implement a service project, and inspire them to live a lifetime of “Service Above Self.” In addition, participants are exposed to all the programs and values Rotary has to offer. Established in 1992, Missouri RYLA Academy has trained and inspired more than 2000 students state wide. It is currently a model for RYLA Academies worldwide.
Jean Cowell – Rotary 6060 Youth Exchange Outbound Coordinator
Jean Cowell, our fellow Club 11 Rotarian, recently accepted the position of District 6060 Outbound Coordinator for Rotary Youth Exchange.
Jean’s responsibilities include:
- Establish contacts with international certified districts to arrange possible exchange placements.
- Help clubs find, interview and select students
- Provide a student and parent orientation before departure
- Coordinate travel and visa arrangements for students
- Serve as a liaison between students, parents and travel agency to make sure itineraries for the exchange are available
- Review reports received from students abroad and respond to any irregularities they report
- Connect returning students with Rotary alumni associations
Thank you for your service to Rotary District 6060 and congratulations